Our bus trips have been sidelined by a tiny virus named Covid.
But we are still actively enriching your musical life!
You sing, you play cello, you take piano lessons, and now it's finally time to understand why things work the way they work. You've been curious about how music is put together. There is no text to buy, but there will be occasional pages to print. We use the zoom.com platform. You will receive the link for the zoom classes a couple days before our first session. You do not have to subscribe to zoom, just click a link!
In Music Theory Basics, you will learn ...
- the difference among quarter, half, whole and eighth notes and rests
- how to count rhythm accurately
- how to build a major scale on any given tone
- the names of every line and space on a grand staff (there's a cheerleading chant that you'll never forget!)
- why sharps and flats matter
- the meaning of all words and symbols on a music score
- to recognize key signatures and know why they're important
The next Theory Basics class
January 5 - February 9, 2021
Pay below whatever is comfortable for your life $15 $25 or $35