1. What happens if I miss a class? Nothing. You show up for as many or few as you want. Your life, Your learning.
2. May I be on zoom and not use my camera? I don't want other people to see me. It is much better for the instructor - me - to see you. Sometimes facial expressions give me a clue as to whether I need re-frame a concept or back up a bit in the process. So, the answer is, Your life, Your learning, but I'd rather see you!
3. Is there homework? Sure! What course of substance gets away with no homework? However, there's nobody checking up on you, so if you don't do the homework, nobody knows!
4. Do I need a printer? There will be a few pages now and then to print, but you can still learn without printing them.
5. Is there a refund if I don't like the class? No. If you're at all unsure, choose the lowest level of payment.
6. Who is the instructor? Me. Darla Bair I maintain an active career as a conductor. I am the Artistic Director of the Robert Dean Chorale, and Founder and Artistic Director of the Amadeus Chorale Youth Singers. I have played piano and sung since the womb. My mother is a phenomenal pianist who still performs. I have taught Advanced Placement Music Theory in high school and am the Piano and Music Theory teacher at the OASIS program of Rochester, NY. I have conducted on the Radio City Music Hall stage, at Madison Square Garden, and in the National Cathedral in Washington, DC. And I love teaching Music Theory!